buzztard project status 01/11/2010

In October I had not much time for buzztard. I went to the GStreamer conference and the CELF Europe. There I gave a talk about the “MeeGo multimedia stack”. I also hacked on two GStreamer tool projects; gst-tracelib and gst-mediainfo. In tracelib I worked on a UI to monitor gstreamer pipelines on the fly. My approach to use libgvc (graphviz) for the layout seems to challenge it a bit though – I get very mysterious failures. At some point realloc is failing to e.g. allocate 96 bytes and the lib calls abort(). mallinfo() from libc is telling that the process uses 200 mb and valgind has nothing serious to complain about. That’s weired as I was suspecting a corrupted memory list. I have to put that aside for a while until I get some new ideas for tackling it.

gst-mediainfo is the UI for the new discoverer API in GStreamer. I’ll make a first release when the current gstreamer core and base is out as it depends on them.

In buzztard I mostly worked a bit on the crash recovery and did some bug fixing. Hopefully will have more time in November.

14 files changed, 325 insertions(+), 166 deletions(-)

Leave a Reply




You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>